The 2020 Stafford Motor Speedway schedule was released on Wednesday and includes three Whelen Modified Tour dates, four Open Modified shows, the SK5K and the return of Super Late Models.
All told, the schedule consists of 22 total events and a combined 122 feature races.
OTHER REGIONAL SCHEDULES: South Boston | Langley | Motor Mile | Hickory
“Tradition is important to us here at Stafford,” Stafford Speedway CEO Mark Arute said. “Short track racing and Stafford Speedway is built off of weekly racing and that has continued to be our main focus. We have a great mix of special events on the 2020 schedule but our goal is to ensure that whenever the race fan makes it to the track they see a great show. With our emphasis on first-class weekly racing, we’re confident we can deliver on that.”
The SK Modifieds will also be running the Senators Cup feature for the first time since 1979, a 50-lap event that awards the Senators Cup trophy to the victor. That is scheduled to run on August 14.
Opening the season will once again be the Whelen Modified Tour when they run the Spring Sizzler on April 25 and 26. The series returns to Stafford for their annual summer date on August 7 and for the Fall Final on September 26 and 27.
All four Open Modified shows are 80 laps and will each feature one live pit stop. Those races will be run on May 15, June 12, July 10, and August 21.
There will also be a Super Late Model race contested at Stafford Springs, scheduled for May 31. Additional details will be revealed in the coming months.
The full list of Stafford race dates can be found below:
- April 24-26 | NAPA Auto Parts Spring Sizzler
- May 1 | Opening Night – NASCAR Weekly Racing
- May 8 | Kids’ Night – NASCAR Weekly Racing and Big Wheel Race
- May 15 | Open Modified 80 and NASCAR Weekly Racing
- May 22 | NASCAR Weekly Racing
- May 29 | Pro Late Model Open and NASCAR Weekly Racing
- June 5 | Kids’ Night – NASCAR Weekly Racing and Big Wheel Race
- June 12 | Twisted Tea Open Modified 80 and NASCAR Weekly Racing
- June 19 | NASCAR Weekly Racing
- June 26 | NAPA SK 5K and NASCAR Weekly Racing
- July 3 | Firecracker Street Stock 30 and NASCAR Weekly Racing with fireworks
- July 10 | Bud Light Open 80 and TC SK Shootout (NASCAR Weekly Racing)
- July 17 | Kids’ Night – NASCAR Weekly Racing and Big Wheel Race
- July 24 | Dunleavy’s Modifiedz Night – NASCAR Weekly Racing
- July 31 | NASCAR Weekly Racing and Wild Thing Karts
- August 7 | Whelen Modified Tour Stafford 150 and NASCAR Weekly Racing
- August 14 | The Senators Cup and NASCAR Weekly Racing
- August 21 | Lincoln Tech Open Modified 80 and NASCAR Weekly Racing
- August 28 | Back to Skool Blitz and Kids’ Night – NASCAR Weekly Racing and Big Wheel Race
- September 4 | Late Model 50 and NASCAR Weekly Racing
- September 11 | First Responder Friday/Final Friday Night Shootout
- September 26-27 | NAPA Auto Parts Fall Final