Following a wild last lap at NHMS last week, the NASCAR Pinty’s Series will roll into Jukasa Motor Speedway for one last race, closing out the 2019 season.
Heading into the finale there are 200 laps and only 11-points separating the top-two drivers. Andrew Ranger is fresh off his fourth win at NHMS where Kevin Lacroix suffered a heartbreaking crash on the final lap. With the championship deciding race coming at a track where both drivers have won at, look for the two to be driving extra hard to claim every single point they can.
Meanwhile for the rest of the field, winning at Jukasa is one of the most prestigious in the whole sport. D.J Kennington claimed victory last year after an almost five-year winless streak, but who will take the checkered this year?
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
While the championship clinching scenarios have yet to be calculated, it is safe to say that both Ranger and Lacroix will be driving with an extra bit of fire to win. Should Ranger take the checkered flag, it would seal his third series championship. Should Lacroix win, it would help him immensely in cutting an 11 point gap. In this scenario, fans should be keeping an eye out for the two championship rivals as they put it all on the line for Canada’s highest stock car honor.
Two western Canadaian drivers will be making the trek to Jukasa. Shantal Kalika will make her second appearance at the .625 mile oval, while Jamie Krzysik will make his Ontario racing debut at the track. Both drivers ran the entire Western swing and will join Brett Taylor as the only western Canadians on the grid. Look for both Kalika and Krzysik to make a name for themselves at Jukasa.
PLACE: Jukasa Motor Speedway, Hagersville, Ont.
DATE: Saturday September 28
TIME: 7:35 p.m. (approx.)
STREAMING: TSN.ca, TSN Go (Canada Only) & Fanschoice.TV (US Only)
TRACK LAYOUT: .625 mile oval
2018 WINNER: D.J Kennington
2018 POLE: D.J Kennington
SCHEDULE: Garage Opens: 10:30 a.m., Practice 12:50 to 2:00 p.m., Qualifying 4:00 to 4:30 p.m., Autograph Session 6:15 to 6:55 p.m., Pinty’s Fall Brawl 7:35 p.m. EST
- Andrew Ranger Ldr
- Kevin Lacroix -11
- L.P. Dumoulin -38
- D.J. Kennington -65
- Jason Hathaway -71
- Anthony Simone, Canada’s Best Racing Team
- T.J. Rinomato, Micks Motorsports
- Jason Hathaway, Ed Hakonson Racing
- Brandon White, Motorsports in Action
- J.F. Dumoulin, Dumoulin Competition
- Peter Shepherd III, Jacombs Racing
- D.J. Kennington, DJK Racing
- Alex Tagliani, 22 Racing
- Jason White, Canada’s Best Racing Team
- Marc-Antoine Camirand, 22 Racing
- Donald Theetge, 22 Racing
- Andrew Ranger, DJK Racing
- Julia Landauer, DJK Racing
- Jamie Krzysik
- Sam Charland, Jacombs Racing
- Shantel Kalika, Busch Racing
- Brett Taylor, Ed Hakonson Racing
- L.P. Dumoulin, Dumoulin Competition
- Matt Pritiko, Bray Autosport
- Mark Dilley, Micks Motorsports
- Cole Powell, DJK Racing
- Kevin Lacroix, Lacroix Racing
- Mathieu Kingsbury, Lacroix Racing
- Dexter Stacey, Dumoulin Competition