The Southern Super Series will feature 11 races next season, including four that pay $10,000 or more to the winner.
The fifth season of Southeastern Super Late Model tour racing will begin with the 42nd annual Rattler 250 at South Alabama Speedway (Opp, AL) on Sunday, March 18 and conclude with a new event, the Mobile 300, at the historic Mobile International Speedway (AL) on Sunday, October 28.
The four races to pay $10,000 or more include the aforementioned Rattler 250 and the Mobile 300. Also included in that mix with be the Short Track U.S. Nationals at Bristol Motor Speedway (TN) on Sunday, May 20 and the combination event with the CARS Tour Super Late Model Series at Anderson Motor Speedway (SC) on Saturday, June 9.
All told, the series will visit eight different race tracks in six different states.
“In assembling the 2018 schedule for the Southern Super Series presented by Sunoco, it was our aim to provide races at a variety of tracks spread across the calendar,” said Southern Super Series promoter Tim Bryant. “We wanted our races to be spaced apart, so that the aggressive teams could participate in all the races while still being allowed to run with any of the other sanctioning bodies we work so well with.
“With increased purses at multiple events and our commitment to a year-end points fund, plus other exciting news coming together, we’re already anxious to get to Opp, Alabama for the Rattler 250 to get things started.”
The Deep South Super Late Model Tour will also visit the Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville (TN) on Saturday, April 7, Montgomery Motor Speedway (AL) on Saturday, June 30 and Watermelon Capital Speedway (Cordele, GA) on Saturday, August 25.
The only track that will host more than one event in 2018 will be Pensacola’s Five Flags Speedway.
The SSS will stop at the track in the Panhandle of Florida on four occasions. Three stops will occur on Friday nights, on April 27, June 22 and July 20. Its final stop will be a Saturday night show at FFS on September 22.
The complete schedule can be viewed below.
- Sun. March 18 – Rattler 250 – South Alabama Speedway – Opp, AL
- Sat. April 7 – North-South SLM Challenge – Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville – Nashville, TN (combo with CRA & CARS)
- Fri. April 27 – Blizzard Series Race #1 – Five Flags Speedway – Pensacola, FL
- Sun. May 20 – Short Track U.S. Nationals – Bristol Motor Speedway – Bristol, TN (combo with CRA & CARS)
- Sat. June 9 – Border Wars – Anderson Motor Speedway – Anderson, SC (combo with CARS)
- Fri. June 22 – Blizzard Series Race #2 – Five Flags Speedway – Pensacola, FL
- Sat. June 30 – Rumble by the River – Montgomery Motor Speedway – Montgomery, AL
- Fri. July 20 – Blizzard Series Race #3 – Five Flags Speedway – Pensacola, FL
- Sat. August 25 – Watermelon Classic – Watermelon Capital Speedway – Cordele, GA
- Sat. September 22 – Blizzard Series Race #4 – Five Flags Speedway – Pensacola, FL
- Sun. October 28 – Mobile 300 – Mobile International Speedway – Mobile, AL
Read more Short Track Scene:
- Complete Snowball Derby coverage
- PASS approves Gen-6 Five Star Body
- Why a misplaced transponder didn’t cost Matt McCall the win at SNMP