The latest entry list for the Canadian Short Track Nationals Pro Late Model race at Jukasa Motor Speedway in Cayuga, Ontario is exactly what a race of this caliber should be.
The race will take place on September 1 and 2 and will pay the equivalent of $38,000 to win and $1,520 to start in U.S. currency.
There are 64 drivers already entered for a race that will only start 40, most of them from Canada and including several stars from the regional NASCAR Pinty’s Series. The United States is also well-represented with newly-crowned Oxford 250 winner Bubba Pollard staying up north to make his debut trip north of the border to compete in the race.
“Man, I couldn’t even tell you how excited I am to get to Canada,” Pollard said. “I’m not the guy that just wants to hang out on the porch his whole life and race an hour from home. These last few years we’ve been to California, we’ve been to Wisconsin, we’ve been to Washington – and they’ve all been awesome experiences. I know that Canada is going to be the same
“It looks like they have a great facility up there. The entry list has a few names that I know real well and a lot that I don’t recognize. So we’re looking forward to getting up there and see what we have to do to outrun the rest of these guys.”
Also included on the entry list is Brian Campbell, winner of the Money in the Bank 250 at Berlin Raceway back in June.
“I think the staff and promoter should be real proud of the job they’ve done leading up to this event,” notes Campbell. “The caliber of competition they’ve attracted is top-notch. It’s not often you can unload at a place and find yourself racing against some of the top guys from Canada, top guys from the Southeast and fast cars from the Midwest.
“Anytime you have a promoter that’s willing to take a chance like this and offer up a big time purse – you owe it to them as a racer to go and support the show. Short Track Racing – as a whole – needs racers like this. It’s an honor to have the opportunity to be there and be a part of the first event for these guys. Hopefully we can be standing in victory lane when it’s all said and done.”
On the Pinty’s Series front, current championship leader DJ Kennington has entered and will be joined by occasional participants JR Fitzpatrick and Jason Hathaway.
“If your name is on this entry list and you aren’t excited for this deal – you need to check to make sure you have a pulse,” Hathaway said. “You hear guys in this sport constantly trying to tell you, one way or the other, that they think their team is the best around. Well – here’s the chance to prove it.
“This is gigantic for Canadian racing. Just listen to the buzz that’s been generated for this race. It’s putting Canadian racing back on the map in a way that we haven’t seen in a long, long time. The pits are going to be jammed and I’m sure the stands will be too. There’s no one in this industry that wants to miss out on being a part of this race.”
The Canadian Short Track Nationals will have a live pay-per-view broadcast presented by Speed51.com. The two-day ticket costs $34.99 and Sunday only costs $24.99.
The broadcast will begin on Saturday, September 1 with live coverage of the APC United Late Model Series and Outlaw Super Late Models.
Coverage will continue on Sunday, September 2 when Pro Late Models hit the track for their chance at qualifying for the $50,000-to-win (CAD) main event. Speed51.com’s live broadcast will cover the Pro Late Model last chance races, as well as the Super Stock feature, leading into the 200-lap Pro Late Model feature.
Other American Late Model notables include
- (1) Shawn McGlynn, Waterloo, Ontario
- (2) Tim Ellis, Kitchener, Ontario
- (3) Jason Hathaway, Stouffville, Ontario
- (3) Shae Gemmell, Dorchester, Ontario
- (4) Trevor Monaghan, Mount Hope, Ontario
- (5) TBA, Ray, Michigan
- (5) Paighton Jacobs, London, Ontario
- (6) Matt Wallace, Concord, North Carolina
- (7) Branden Verhoeven, Kerwood, Ontario
- (7) Todd Delisle, Courtice, Ontario
- (8) Kent Vincent, Crapaud, Prince Edward Island
- (9) Brandon Watson, Stayner, Ontario
- (10K) Jesse Kennedy, Southwold, Ontario
- (12) Matthew Shirley, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- (14) Carson Hocevar, Portage, Michigan
- (15) Derek Lynch, Warkworth, Ontario
- (17) Joshua Stade, Chesley, Ontario
- (18) Patrick Freel, London, Ontario
- (20) Raphael Lessard, Saint Joseph De Beauce, Quebec
- (21) Matt Pritiko, London, Ontario
- (22) Jo Lawrence, London, Ontario
- (24) Nick Goetz, Southampton, Ontario
- (26) Bubba Pollard, Senoia, Georgia
- (27) Matt Box, Milton, Ontario
- (28) DJ Kennington, St Thomas, Ontario
- (29) Ryan Kimball, Norwood, Ontario
- (29X) Sean Grosman, Miami, Florida
- (31W) Rick Spencer-Walt, Oro-Medonte, Ontario
- (31) Jade Franklin, Coldwater, Ontario
- (32) Treyten Lapcevich, Grimsby, Ontario
- (33) Weston Griffith Jr, Crown Point, Indiana
- (35) Derek Ramstrom, Worcester, Massuchusetts
- (36) David Elliott, Dundas, Ontario
- (41) Taylor Holdaway, Orillia, Ontario
- (41SC) Samuel Charland, Saint-Christophe-D’Arthabaska, Quebec
- (42) Kyle Reid, Fort McMurray, Alberta
- (44) Steve Laking, Guelph, Ontario
- (46) Billy Zardo, Brampton, Ontario
- (47) Jordan Sims, Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
- (47) Brian Campbell, Wyoming, Michigan
- (48) Dwayne Baker, Stayner, Ontario
- (51) Braden Langille, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- (52) Jake Sheridan, Mount Brydges, Ontario
- (53) Cole Butcher, Porters Lake, Nova Scotia
- (54) Jarrett Butcher, Porters Lake, Nova Scotia
- (63) Hudson Nagy, Mount Hope, Ontario
- (71) Johnny VanDoorn, Muskegon, Michigan
- (71) Harold Fair, Milan, Michigan
- (72) Junior Farrelly, Guelph, Ontario
- (73) Cole Powell, Mount Brydges, Ontario
- (76) Cayden Lapcevich, Grimsby, Ontario
- (81) Nevin Scott, Clyde River, Prince Edward Island
- (81) Andrew Gresel, Aleenford, Ontario
- (81) Tyler Roahrig, Plymouth, Indiana
- (82) Steve Arrand, Ailsa Craig, Ontario
- (84) JR Fitzpatrick, Cambridge, Ontario
- (84QC) Martin Latulippe, Vallee Jonction, Quebec
- (86) Billy Schwartzenburg, Guelph, Ontario
- (89) James Horner, Fraserville, Ontario
- (89c) Shawn Chenoweth, Plattsville, Ontario
- (91) Patrick Laperle, St Denis Sur Richelieu, Quebec
- (96) Jaxson Jacobs, London, Ontario
- (114) Sterling Marlin, Columbia, Tennessee