PELETIER, NC – Carteret County Speedway is the next stop on the Carolina Pro Late Model Series circuit and the tour’s inaugural visit to the coastal track will feature competitive fields for both the Pro Late Models and the Carolina Crate Modified Series.
Nick Loden, who leads the series with three wins, will face off against series regulars such as Leland Honeyman and Nick Loden. In all, 14 drivers have pre-registered for the 100-lap Crystal Coast Classic, while eight drivers have entered to compete in the Carolina Crate Modified Series event.
Only two of the 14 drivers in the Pro Late Model field have raced at Carteret County Speedway – Josh Van Winkle, who has a second place finish in Charger competition back in 2019 in his lone start, and Sarah Cornett-Ching, who has run in a handful of Late Model races at the 4/10-mile track.
“I like the track,” Van Winkle said. “It’s challenging being so flat and not really having any experience on that style of track, but the atmosphere is great. I think the track will race well. It’s definitely going to be a fight for the bottom and trying to keep momentum up through the long corners.”
Dean Lowder leads in the Carolina Crate Modified standings but is winless on the season. Kevin Orlando, who has a series high two wins, is also set to compete, along with Jeremy Gerstner, Cody Norman, and a handful of others.
Saturday’s race marks only the second time that either Open Wheel Modifieds or Straight Rail Late Models have raced at Carteret County Speedway. The last time Modifieds raced at Carteret County was in 2015 in a race won by Cale Gale. Super Late Models raced at Carteret in 2017 with Jody Measamer holding off Chris Burns and Gracie Trotter for the win.
The entry lists for both classes can be seen below:
Carolina Pro Late Model
- Leland Honeyman – Mooresville, NC – Lee Faulk Racing
- Jasec Holladay – Berryton, KS – Joey Gase Racing
- EJ Tamayo – Miami, FL – Tony Cosentino Racing
- Penn Crim – Belews Creek, NC – Ashley Crim Racing
- Sarah Cornett-Ching – Rose Hill, NC – Race101
- Michael Gaier – Raleigh, NC – MKG Motorsports
- Mike Speeney – King, NC – MRI MOTORSPORTS
- Nick Loden – Stanley, NC – Loden Motorsports
- Josh Van Winkle – Newport, NC – Josh Van Winkle Racing
- William Sawalich – Eden Prairie, MN – Setzer Racing &Development
- Toby Grynewicz – Clyde, TX – TPG Motorsports
- TBA – Rick Ware Development/ 33 Motorsports
- Josh Lowder – High Point, NC – Lowder Racing
- Jerick Johnson – Mooresville, NC – Team Johnson Motorsports
Carolina Crate Modified Series
- Kevin Orlando – Statesville, NC – Prototype Race Fabrication
- Aaron Brown – Denver, NC – The Garage Shop
- Dan Speeney – King, NC – McKee Motorsports
- Rob Schultz – Ocean, NJ – z10 Motorsports
- Cody Norman – Lewisville, NC – MN Motorsports
- Dean Lowder – High Point, NC – Lowder Racing
- Rich Klimarchuk – Wilkesboro, NC – Team K Racing
- Jeremy Gerstner – Wesley Chapel, NC – Jeremy Gerstner Motorsports