CARS Tour officials announced on Tuesday night that it has suspended driver Brandon Setzer for the incident that occurred on Saturday night shortly after the Super Late Model race at Hickory Motor Speedway.
Setzer and Raphael Lessard were racing for the lead and exchanged bump-and-runs on the intended final lap of the Cloer Construction 300. Setzer nudged Lessard up the track in Turns 1 and 2 with Lessard hitting Setzer back in Turn 3.
The latter contact sent Setzer around and saw CARS Tour officials elect to send Lessard to the back of the field for aggressive driving
The complete penalties from Saturday night are listed below:
- Brandon Setzer is suspended from all CARS sanctioned and co-sanctioned events as a driver through November 4, 2018. Setzer was also fined $425 for starting an altercation at the conclusion of the Super Late Model race at Hickory.
- Owner Dennis Setzer was also suspended as an entrant through November 4, 2018 and fined $425 for starting an altercation at Hickory.
For his part, Setzer plans to appeal the penalty:
“We do not at all agree with the cars tour decision to suspend us the rest of the year. Feel like this is a very excessive punishment for what happened and plan to appeal.
Read more Short Track Scene:
- Patient Bobby McCarty wins his second CARS LMSC race at Hickory
- Austin Nason survives to win Joe Shear Classic
- Penalty costs Johnny Sauter Joe Shear Classic opportunity