In recent years, the path to the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series National Championship has run through the South Boston Speedway Late Model Stock Division.
As a refresher, NASCAR takes the top 18 finishes from a driver through the second weekend of September but only in Division I races with a full field designated by 16 or more drivers with a valid NASCAR competition license.
READ MORE: Complete South Boston Coverage
That allows drivers from all across the country driving a variety of cars to race against each other for the same championship. This is also how state and regional championships are compiled.
The early national championship leader, Doug Barnes Jr. of Forest Hill Maryland, has been racing at Hickory the past two weekends and typically makes Dominion Raceway his home track but South Boston played host to the controversial Layne Riggs vs. Peyton Sellers battle in 2022.
With Riggs seeking NASCAR Truck Series opportunities, it will be interest to see who challenges Sellers purely from a South Boston Speedway Division I championship in 2023.
To that end, here are entry lists for Saturday’s Twin 75s, the main events of opening night for South Boston Speedway. Like Hickory and most Late Model Stock running tracks in the Mid-Atlantic, South Boston also primarily runs twin features to get to the minimum 18 races a driver needs to be eligible for the NASCAR Weekly Series national championship.
Racing begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. The event will also air live on FloRacing.
- Camden Gullie, Durham NC
- Mason Bailey, Richmond VA
- Terry Dease, Oxford NC
- Bruce Anderson, South Boston VA
- Craig Moore, Rougemont NC
- Austin Thaxton, South Boston VA
- Eddie Slagle, Powhatan VA
- Carter Langley, Zebulon NC
- Hunter Rose, Graham NC
- Thomas Scott, Mebane NC
- Rodney Boyd, Yorktown VA
- Logan Clark, Mechanicsville VA
- Stacy Puryear, South Boston, VA
- Jessica Cann, Thomasville NC
- Jacob Borst, Elon NC
- Peyton Sellers, Danville, VA
- Jason Barnes, Old Hickory VA
- Aaron Donnelly, Stafford VA
- Andrew Patterson, Daytona OH
- Mark Keesee, Altavista VA
- Mark Wertz, Chesapeake VA
- Eddie Johnson, Midlothian VA
- Blake Stallings, Danville VA
- Mike Looney, Catawba VA
- John Goin, Buckingham VA
- Chris Elliott, Bullock NC
- Jonathan Simacek, Martinsville VA