The ARCA/CRA Super Series released its 2018 schedule on Thursday, revealing a 16-race slate that runs from January to October.
“We are really excited about the 2018 schedule with the ARCA/CRA Super Series,” R.J. Scott, managing partner of CRA, said in a release. “Our 22nd season will provide our drivers with a great variety of challenging races on some of the best race tracks in the nation, with some of the most prestigious late model events in the country.”
The season will begin with the traditional non-points opener in CRA SpeedFest 2018 – a 200-lap feature at Watermelon Capital Speedway in Cordele, Georgia on Jan. 28. The first points race will follow on April 7 at Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville, with an event held in conjunction with the Southern Super Series and CARS Tour.
From there the Super Series will spend the majority of the season in the Midwest, running twice at Anderson Speedway, Berlin Raceway and Winchester Speedway – including the season-ending Winchester 400 – while also making one-off stops at a bevy of local tracks including Toledo Speedway and Kalamazoo Speedway.
Mixed into the standard points season are a few special events. The Aug. 13 Battle at Berlin will be a special non-points event sanctioned by the Champion Racing Association. The Super Series will also take part in the May 19-20 Battle at Bristol, a showcase event for short-track racing being held for the second-consecutive season at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Sept. 8 will bring the Super Series to Lucas Oil Raceway for another non-points race – the recently announced Speed51 Super Select. The race will be a winner-take-all event that pays the victor up to $10,000.
The tour will once again utilize the Chase format they debuted in 2017, though official details about the playoff format will remain unannounced until the Jan. 5 awards banquet.
The Chase will kick off at Kalamazoo Speedway on Aug. 8, continuing on through races at Winchester (Sept. 3) and Toledo (Sept. 15) before drawing to a conclusion with the season-ending Winchester 400 on Oct. 14.
The full schedule can be seen below.
2018 ARCA/CRA Super Series Schedule
- Sat./Sun., January 27-28 Watermelon Capital Speedway
- Fri/Sat, April 7 Fairgrounds Speedway Nashville
- Saturday, April 14 Toledo Speedway
- Saturday, May 5 Anderson Speedway
- Sat./Sun., May 19-20 Bristol Motor Speedway
- Saturday, June 2 Kil-Kare Speedway
- Monday, June 11 Berlin Raceway
- Saturday, June 23 Flat Rock Speedway
- Monday, July 16 Anderson Speedway
- Saturday, July 28 Baer Field Motorsports Park
- Wednesday, August 8 Kalamazoo Speedway
- Monday, August 13 Berlin Raceway
- Sun./Mon., September 2-3 Winchester Speedway
- Saturday, September 8 Lucas Oil Raceway
- Saturday, September 15 Toledo Speedway
- Sat./Sun., October 13-14 Winchester Speedway
Read more Short Track Scene:
- Complete Snowball Derby coverage
- PASS approves Gen-6 Five Star Body
- Why a misplaced transponder didn’t cost Matt McCall the win at SNMP